The weather is changing here on the west coast (read: bouldering season is coming back). We’ve reached the final days of a jam-packed summer. Between working full time, trying our best climb as much as we can, mini getaways, and time with friends and family… this season was pretty full value. We shared a lot of awesome adventures with a lot of awesome people and did a lot of “firsts for us”.
In no particular order, some of our most memorable moments from the past several months…
1.We take two trips to Leavenworth, WA – including our first trip there together
2. Kim helps lead the Skaha Symposium Climbing trip with MEC
3. We attend Rock the Blocs in the Kelowna Boulderfields
4. Plenty of multipitching with Doug #slugcat
5. Graham climbs two V12s in a day
6. We sell the Millennium FalcVan and switch to #carlife with Anakin SkywalCar
7. Graham climbs 31 V4s in an afternoon for his 31st birthday
8. Graham sends his first Canadian 5.14
9. We do a live speaking event at Arc’teryx to help fundraise for the Canadian Adaptive Climbing Society.
10. A lot of our friends from across North America come to visit Squamish!
11. Graham attends Highball Day!
12. We volunteer and/or work at the Arc’teryx Climbing Academy, Squamish Rampage, and the Treeline Women’s Climbing festivals, all in Squamish
13. Kim paddles across Howe Sound to climb on the sea cliffs
Willy’s Yacht (5.11b). Photo: Alex Eggermont
14. Kim climbs the Grand Wall with Jared
15. We’re invited to join the Hive Climbing Team as Outdoor Ambassadors
16. Kim completes her Murrin summer trifecta
17. Kim gets a permanent job at MEC and Graham’s contract is renewed 6 months
18. We join the Squamish Access Society
19. We complete a Top 100 Challenge Day
20. We send Sentry Box (512a) on the same day
21. Graham and Jared get back-to-back sends of Sixty-Nine (5.13b/c trad)
22. Kim focuses on her trad game and takes her first falls on gear
23. We head on a micro-adventure-weekend trip to Horne to escape some September rain
After adding nearly 10,000km to the car we bought at the end of April, we certainly made the most of this summer… it was a memorable one.
One thought on “The Best of Summer 2018”
#2 is an amazing jump shot. Surely it wasn’t the first take?!
I am a little disappointed I didn’t get to do any climbing outdoors but devoting a summer to cycling turned out to be fun.
Did I miss the post about selling the FalcVan?